Sadly, the answer to this question is “Probably.” Even if the car accident is not your fault and you were injured, as a result, you probably will need an attorney’s help. The reason is that the insurance company insuring the at-fault party is not in the business of paying claims such as yours if they can avoid it.
But there are times you probably do not need an attorney. For example, if your accident involved only property damage on both sides, you do not need an attorney. Likewise, if the injuries were very minor (bumps and bruises) with no time missed from work, you should be able to handle your claim on your own.
When should you hire an auto accident lawyer? That’s up to you, of course, but there are situations when you should probably get an attorney involved. Examples of those situations are when:
- You suffer an injury that requires you to seek immediate medical help;
- You suffer any significant lacerations or broken bones or any head injury;
- Your injury requires you to miss more than a few days of work;
- Your injury results in you suffering a long-term partial or total disability;
- Your injuries result in severe financial hardship;
- Your injury leaves you in chronic pain;
- Your injury leaves you with permanent scarring;
- A loved one is killed;
- The car accident was caused by the other party’s gross negligence and resulted in injury (DUI/DWI cases are a good example of this)
The facts of each car accident are different. Therefore, you may wish to consult with a car accident attorney before you settle your case with the insurance company. Merritt Webb offers a free initial consultation, so there is no downside to speaking with an auto accident attorney to see if you have a case.
Learn more about:
Our lawyers at Merritt Webb are anxious to aggressively represent your interests and ensure you receive just compensation for your injuries and losses. If you need an auto accident attorney in Raleigh, Durham, or elsewhere in North Carolina, South Carolina or Tennessee, either call us at 1.800.556.8404 or click here to fill out a short Auto-Truck Accident Submission form.
Our lawyers at Merritt Webb are ready to help you deal with this problem quickly, decisively and efficiently. Just Contact Us. Help is only a phone call or a mouse-click away. Let us see if we can help you.