Brent Hays joined Merritt, Webb, Wilson & Caruso, PLLC in 2006. Mr. Hays has a general practice, consulting with clients on a wide variety of legal issues and has received numerous awards for excellent service. In 2007, he was honored with a Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc. Member’s Choice Award.
Mr. Hays graduated from Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA in 1997 with both a law degree and a Master of Arts in Public Policy. After admission to the Tennessee Bar, he entered into private solo practice in Wilson County, Tennessee and also worked under contract with the 15th District Public Defender’s Office. In his practice, Mr. Hays handled a varied docket of civil and criminal litigation, business associations, and estate planning work. In 1999, Mr. Hays left private practice to work for the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services where he was responsible for all department litigation in Rutherford County and Williamson County before the juvenile, circuit and chancery courts. In addition to his custody caseload, Mr. Hays handled training and oversight for all local department staff engaged in courtroom work. In 2005, Mr. Hays returned to private practice as an associate in the firm of Blackburn and McCune.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Criminal Defense
- Government/administrative law
- Contract drafting and interpretation
- Belmont University, B.S. , 1991
- Regent University, Masters, 1997
- Regent University, J.D., 1997
- Mr. Hays licensed to practice law in Tennessee.
- Mr. Hays is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association.
- All Tennessee State Courts
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 1998
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 1998
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 1998