While enjoying the summer activities, not a lot of people think about the affect these activities can have on their pets.
Some of the foods and activities that are enjoyed during summertime can be hazardous to your pet’s health. Here are some summer safety tips to keep in mind, courtesy of the ASPCA;
- Don’t keep alcoholic drinks where pets can reach them, these drinks can be poison to pets.
- Don’t apply sunscreen or insect repellant on your pet that isn’t intended for animal use.
- Keep matches and lighter fluid out of their reach.
- Scraps from the grill can give pet’s indigestion or diarrhea; keep them on their normal diet.
- Don’t let pets wear or play with glow-in-the-dark jewelry, the chemicals inside can hurt them.
- Keep citronella candles and bug lights out of reach of pets.
- Keep your pet well hydrated if outside for long periods of time.
These are just some of the ways you can make sure your pet has a safe and happy summer. To learn more, go to aspca.org and read the entire article on pet safety.